Saturday, April 12, 2014

There are no longer shrimps in my belly pt 2

I thought I'd give you all two chapters since this is way more than I usually write...





Micah Brant was born first at 9:36pm, at 6 lbs 8 oz and 19.5". He has black hair, an oval face, and a pointy little chin. So far he's been the first to figure out eating, and enjoys stretching his arms over his head and hiccuping.



















Phineas Beck was born second at 9:39pm, at 6 lbs 5 oz and 18.75". He has dark brown hair and "fur" on his arms and back, a more square face with pinchable cheeks, and a little cleft chin. Phin enjoys directing invisible orchestras, crowing, and peeing all over himself during a diaper change.




Those days we were in the hospital we faced a barrage nurses, pediatricians, obstetricians, nursing students, lactation consultants, etc... probably somebody every 15 minutes- no joke. It was very nice to have so much expertise at our disposal but definitely overwhelming.  Not having had any surgery or broken bones in my life, recuperation has been an extremely painful process. I can now say I've had multiple catheters, ugh. Never looked forward to peeing or other bathroom activities done on my own ever this much before.
















We were in the hospital up to Thursday afternoon; my parents came Wednesday and have taken super care of all of us. I've been feeling much better daily from the operation, and sleeping/eating for the babies has been improving as well although I think we all would appreciate a faster improvement on the sleep! Andrew's parents come for a visit this weekend, hooray!





1 comment:

  1. Well, I must say, the two of you make beautiful babies!!! <3's to you both! I can see that one looks like Andrew and the other like Laura. I love the names you guys picked out. You guys will make great parents. Don't forget to take care of your selves.
    Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete