Week thirty-seven.
Shrimps:
- Are wriggling a LOT. Whoever's feet are on my right side I think has caused an internal bruise at the top of my belly. SORE.
- Believe it or not, Baby B has wriggled his way back to breech. This kid is going to be the next Houdini I think. Also means that the delivery method will be unknown until we get there, really... not that this is surprising.
- Vertex(Baby A) + vertex(Baby B) + random doctor on call = regular birth process unless there's an emergency
- Vertex(Baby A) + breech or transverse(Baby B) + random doctor on call = regular birth process if the doctor is brave and experienced, one regular and one c-section if they listen to me and then chicken out/there's an emergency, or both c-section if they're especially squeamish about non-vertex regular birth.
- Non-vertex(Baby A) + non-vertex(Baby B) + pretty much any doctor in the hospital = c-section
- These situations all depend on me going into labor on my own. The nice thing about the induction is that the doctor on call that day is pretty experienced and has delivered breech twins before, I guess. So we'll see what he wants to do.
- No official measurement on their weight this week, but they're most likely getting closer to 7 lbs each. Trying very hard to stuff my face on their behalf.
Laura:
- Is considering what she looks most forward to about her post-pregnancy body. I think it's basically narrowed down to less heartburn and shirts fitting over my torso. There will of course be plenty of other things going on afterward that are not fun, but I'm hoping these two will have been amended. Oh! Also not having to lean over and sit like a giraffe drinking water. Yessss.
- Attempted shaving the ol' legs the other night and man was that a bad idea. Super dry legs + new razor + really limited ability to SEE legs = angrily rashy, still partially hairy legs with a couple cuts. I think I'll just go for au natural.
Andrew:
- Has exchanged normal greetings used toward Laura to ask things like, "has it started yet?" "have you had a contraction?" "has your water broken?". As if I would keep that information secret if I knew? Tsk tsk.
- Ordered the last of the cloth diapers this week and watched some "how to" videos on cleaning/tips etc. What a guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment