Thursday, March 20, 2014

Week thirty-five.

Shrimps:
  • Are doing the ying yang thing- Baby A is vertex (upside down, a good thing), Baby B is breech (right side up, whispers C-section).
  • Baby A is at 5 pounds 11 ounces. Baby B is at 5 pounds 10 ounces. That means I have 11 1/2 pounds of pure BABY in me right now. Ridiculous. That's like 3 2L of soda guys. Plus another 20 of baby accessory weight.
  • Are both right where they should be in terms of how long they've been cooking and their size. I'd be interested to see the formula they use for this one... the quantitative values they measure include length of the femur, area of the noggin and mass of the torso. Somehow this leads to a measurement of weeks and days? I guess you don't want them growing too fast or slow although I have no idea what either would mean particularly. Except apparently with twins if their growth rate is terribly uneven then they lean toward C-sections.
  • Can basically pop out at any time now. Barring unforeseen complications we are out of the nicu zone.
Laura:
  • Is super excited for mom to visit this weekend so we can do a last little scuffle of "nesting". I can organize and make things tolerable, but she's awfully good at the more homey touches for sure.
  • Feels fairly certain her entire midsection is just baby. All I can feel is elbows and knees and heads and feet it seems. Like two cats in a sack.
  • Has the hospital bags mostly packed, now to just figure out car seat installation...
Andrew:
  • Came to this week's sono wearing his "real men make twins" t-shirt but chickened out and didn't take his jacket off during the appointment. Awwww.
  • Gets to help with a friend's non-profit fundraiser on Saturday... I think he's also pretty excited to possibly miss inevitable shopping that will occur with mom here:-). 

2 comments:

  1. Well, well, well. I checked out your blog today- just after you posted an update :) Glad to see things are coming along. I would enjoy another belly shot. I'm always amazed at how the human body can stretch like that! Saw your post below about your B&B&B- you're so funny. I'll come down at some point once you're a bit settled- if one can ever feel "settled" with twins! :O Nah- you'll be mom extraordinaire in no time!! Will you be banished to bed rest at some point- did the doc say? Hope not. Well, take care- and you know who to call if you need to talk. Laterz!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So bad at the belly shots, will try to get another one soon! I don't look that stretched but MAN does it feel like it. No bed rest has been brought up so far, so I think mostly I'll be okay. Hope you can make it to visit!

    ReplyDelete