I should probably say first of all that almost all of this post is sponsored by my mom- thanks for visiting and getting SO much done:-).
Some of her handiwork from this weekend:
![]() |
| Third generation wicker bassinet is outfitted with a new skirt, liner and fitted crib sheets. |
![]() |
| The crib has a vegetable bumper now, with a vegetable coverlet to follow... super awesome. |
Shrimps:
- Are 6 pounds 1 oz (Baby A) and 6 pounds 2 oz. (Baby B). Not sure we can keep calling them shrimp at this point. That's 14 oz. gained in a week, while mom gained 6 pounds. If we keep this up and go to April 10th, we could be talking 8 pound twins. Dang.
- Also exciting, somehow Baby B managed to wiggle his way upside down as well... two upside down babies are apparently the best case scenario for a smooth delivery. I just can't think too much about what they're experiencing at this point: upside down, crammed together like sardines inside a wet dark space that is my uterus. Definitely shuddering.
- Have more awesome things, complements to mom and Laura's co-workers (shower this week): more cloth diapers, toys, clothes, etc.
- Are going to be wearing a TON of Anna's line from Kohl's... we checked out the local store and boy are there a lot of "Jumping Bean" things! So fun to have a sister who can dress babies from afar:-).
Laura:
- Is super excited to set up shelves in the basement and organize stuff! Have a good amount of bulk pantry items now and a nice stock of organizing bins and dividers. Just need a hunk of energy and I will have a ball.
- Is quite tired of trying to fit anything over her belly. People may say I don't look that big but I can guarantee my torso is VERY different from what it was before. I think the best part about mostly working from home starting tomorrow is wearing my robe and/or sweatpants all day. By the way, be sure to call in advance if you are visiting.
- Met with the pediatrician for the first time and is pleased. After the doctor queried as to our stance on various things with child health, she leaned back in her chair and said, "you don't strike me as one of those mom-club moms. I think we'll get along well". She also had a red glittery witch hat in the corner. I think that seems like a good sign.
![]() |
| 36 week belly. That is a maternity shirt I'll have you know. |
- Had his annual review for work and is doing great! He got a bit of a raise and will probably get a bonus this summer since they are meeting their goals and the company is doing well.
- Has a very clean car, packed with hospital bags and infant car seats. Gosh do those things take up a lot of room.
- Has been caught quite often gawking at Laura's belly. You'd think he'd be used to it by now? I feel like about every other day he says something like, "you are just GIGANTIC". I'm hoping this is discontinued once they're outside my body...
- Despite gawking, brought home a little cheesecake for Laura after work, awwww. He wants me to break 200 lbs I think:-) With the six pounds this past week I'm at 196 so I think another pint of ice cream would probably do it.


.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment