Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Week thirty-two.

Micah and Phineas:
  • Are now transverse (both laying horizontally that is), heads to Laura's left and feet to her right. I guess that my bruised right ribs indicate they're more into running than boxing... Andrew should be pleased. They'll apparently settle on a position around the end of March.
  • Are now around the four pound mark. Five pounds, or a bag of flour each, is the average delivery weight for twins... getting there!
  • According to this week's appointment, have plenty of amniotic fluid to float around in these days.
Laura:
  • So far this week has shattered a plate, chipped a bowl, and tried to drink coffee without the mug touching her lips. This kind of stuff does end after the babies arrive, right? Sort of? Because if I can't hold a plate I don't know about two infants.
  • Learned more than she EVER wanted to know about pelvic floor muscles and ways to exercise them at a class. Just knowing all the women around you are doing kegels at the same time you are is rather disconcerting.
  • Also has been learning about c-sections. Ugh. Something worse than normal birth, really? Quite content to read concise descriptions, will not be watching any videos thank you very much. Although I am very appreciative to be going through this in the current era rather than, say, the 19th century...
  • Had an appointment this week, and one a week for the next two weeks at least. So much for every two weeks? But hey I'd rather be thorough! And this practice has a Starbucks and Trader Joe's next door so no complaining from this lady.
Andrew:
  • I have no idea what to post for him this week. 

1 comment:

  1. Erich and I watched c section videos on mayo clinic and babycenter 2 days before. Actually got me prepared more. Don't go on you tube. Also, it's not always as bad as everyone says. As long as the babies are healthy, and you get up right away an take your meds before you get to pain level 6 you will be fine :)

    ReplyDelete