Thursday, February 6, 2014

Week twenty-nine.

Shrimps:

  • I was hoping to have fun information from a sonogram but alas the "ice storm" caused my appointment to be rescheduled for next week.
  • It seems that these guys have finally concluded that they can't grow up into my ribcage, as the meat tenderizer situation has subsided. Presumably then they'll expand outward which means I will soon be cutting holes in blankets and wearing them as ponchos to cover my girth... 
  • The Mayo Clinic agrees! Now that we're in month eight, two beautiful things are happening. The shrimps are packing on the ounces, meaning less kicking and generally using mom's bladder as a punching bag (because there's no space). Also they're developing more normal sleep cycles, so less all night dance parties.
  • The name game! We are about 98% certain of one name- Micah Brant. Other names we are thinking about for Shrimp 2, probably with Beck as a middle name:
    • Phineas (whether we like it or not, probably will mostly be called Phin/Finn)
    • Judah
    • Cyrus

      Let us know your thoughts! Although ultimately we'll pick something and give you time to get used to it:-).

Laura:

  • Got a glucose test last week, results yet to be seen. Red kool-aid glucose is gross. Also am I the only person ever that has trouble removing that gunky outline from the tape/gauze combo they use after needling you? Think it took three or four days before I managed to get it all off...
  • Is surprised by my disinterest in nesting. I would like the house to be in order, but it has more to do with being in a new place than where baby accessories go... thought for sure I'd go a little crazy with this stuff. That's okay though. 
  • People have now been comfortable making pregnancy comments toward me. I guess I really look pregnant now. Although I wish I had a better poker face so I could deny it. Andrew pulled it off once so far, and it was AMAZING. Not many belly touching scenarios, but wishing I had the guts to touch the other person's belly if they touch mine without asking. I want to spread awareness of how awkward it is.

Andrew:

  • Researched, purchased, and installed a dishwasher- BAM. The guy at Lowe's tried to talk us out of our top Consumer's Report choice, silly silly man. We have the real facts. 
  • Is our social coordinator- he's arranged for 70% of our friend-building activities the last couple weeks... Aside from just knowing it's good for us, I think perhaps he's plotting ways that he can either a) get away from me for an evening if I get on a hormonal crying jag, or b) make sure I have friends I can go to if I get on a hormonal crying jag. 
  • Had a lovely lunch meeting with his boss this week, and will be getting an extra week off when the shrimps are born hooray!
Other things to know:
  • Kitten is hanging upside-down from the cat tower behind me, chewing on her tail.
  • Our first choice in au pairs, Susanne, has accepted! We started the process really early (they recommend you choose at least a month before they would start... July in our case), so I think she really must like us! We can't wait to meet her/introduce you all to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment