Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Week twenty-six.

Shrimps:

  • Good grief please stop moving [so much]. Or let's maybe just not do it all night.
  • Had an appointment today; looking just dandy but all up in each other's space. Boy A is smushing his face into Boy B's belly SO WEIRD. These kids are going to be interesting.
  • Once they're three months old, we've pretty much decided to go with an au pair for their care. Putting two babies in daycare is EXPENSIVE and the au pair program we're using is legit, economical and also awesome.
Laura:
  • Is anxiously awaiting her belly support posture correction device, which was supposed to arrive in the mail today... we've definitely discovered that no delivery service knows what to do with this house. No driveway, and a scary bridge to cross that says private property- only the best fedex-ers can figure this one out.
  • Has mostly worked out the FMLA process, and is hoping to a) not get sick much and b) not be put on bed rest. 
  • Gets to do a glucose test in a couple weeks, hooray! Maybe I'll try eating less ice cream and sugar before that? Or not. Only gained 18 pounds at this point, I feel like I should be eating sticks of butter dipped in sugar...
  • Has mentally moved nearly every piece of furniture in the house in preparation for a) the parents' visit this weekend and b) the au pair coordinator's house visit next week. As much as I've enjoyed schlepping furniture around by myself in the past, I have humbled my expectations of my own body for the moment. 
Andrew:
  • Is chugging away at his certification for work, which is due by April. He's also started brewing his own hard cider... definitely not a coincidence. 
  • Accidentally announced the pregnancy via facebook by saying I had no belly button. How that screams pregnancy we do not know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment