Friday, January 24, 2014

Week twenty-seven.

Shrimps:
  • Can definitely hear voices this week... although in the midst of amniotic fluid it's probably more like whale calls. Or Charlie Brown's teacher. They definitely react to Andrew's "what does the fox say" station on Pandora is all I know.
  • Are working on opening their eyeballs.
  • Only sleep for about 30 minutes at a time these days, thus what seems to be 24 hours of Russian dancing.
  • Have already begun accumulating material goods... and will get more I think with two showers this weekend, hooray!
Laura:
  • Is mostly happy with her harness mechanism (for back support and whatnot), but feels sometimes like Andrew could attach a leash and take me for a walk. Probably would have done so if we owned a leash. Also need a cup of coffee before I can figure out how it goes on every morning.
  • Has made some more progress on the work front with maternity leave... does anyone else feel a strong urge to scour your house and to do list before a vacation/trip? Hoping that feeling hits me really soon because gosh and golly there's a lot to do.
Andrew:
  • Is working hard on his certifications, due in April. One of his fun distractions is looking at au pair applications... some are quite ridiculous. In au pair news, we are interviewing our first candidate tomorrow, a 20 year old german that works at a zoo and enjoys southern gospel music.
  • Along with dad, switched all the furniture so that we're upstairs and the au pair has her own room downstairs... what a champ. 
Here's your latest "pregnancy" pic from Andrew's company New Year's party... I promise I'm bigger than I look.



1 comment: