Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Week nineteen.

Shrimps:

  • You can see their gosh darn cute little hearts pumping away at this point, awww. I do hope you can't see that after they're born though.
  • According to my otherwise uncaring man doctor, it's fairly certain these guys are fraternal judging by the way the placenta looks. Like a bubble. Two bubbles. Clearly I am not an obgyn.
  • The man doctor said the super big-deal ultrasound would be done at the next appointment, which is 23 weeks. Hoping to switch hospitals/groups soon, so it may or may not be around Thanksgiving for gender stuff. You'll just have to keep your pants on.
Laura:
  • Gained some weight, finally... [first and only time I'll say] hooray to that! Seven pounds since the last checkup. Probably made of mostly apple pie and ice cream, no judging please. There's fruit and dairy aplenty in those items.
  • Needs to end this moving process and/or never let things get so dusty/hairy ever again. Sleeping has been horrendous with the move- asthma, asthma, asthma. Stupid body. At what time is it ever an acceptable defense mechanism to stop breathing? 
  • Blood test results are back and nothing to report, which is good. The other interesting part is every doctor I see wants me to pee in a cup. None of them have ever said anything about what they do with it. I'm getting really good at it, although boys you need to appreciate the ease by which you can fulfill this medical duty.
  • Finally got to a parents of multiples meet and greet with Andrew and learned about how much daycare costs, ICK.
Andrew:
  • Has had the pleasure of dealing with a number of Laura emotional outbreaks. He let me cry in the car for 10 minutes Tuesday while he got us a table at the restaurant, and on numerous occasions listened to me as I described how I just want to punch somebody in the face. Has not yet offered his face though. Good for him.
  • Decided we have incredibly good odds for a nice beard if it's [a] boy(s). Only hope those odds to not stand for girls.
  • Actually persuaded Laura to go on a sporadic trip to Brookhaven to play board games. It was amazing. And probably the best fun we've had all month. 
  • Finally got to a parents of multiples meet and greet with Laura and got to look awkwardly at his hands like all the other guys during the breastfeeding conversation.

1 comment:

  1. Yea for blood work ok! And the peeing in a cup thing gets more difficult and you start to get a bigger belly. It's just awkward...good man Andrew just let her cry!

    Love these updates! Steph

    ReplyDelete