Monday, August 10, 2015

Transitions

Hi there- remember me? It's been a bit busy as we've sent off Susanne and welcomed Sarah. Additionally, I was thoroughly dependent on Susanne's phone pics for this blog... need to start taking my own! Have not written for three weeks, so here goes-

  • Saying fare-thee-well to Susanne- we did our darndest to polish off her bucket list, and I think we were just missing Six Flags in the end. We had a big potluck, went for sushi, got to the Baltimore Aquarium, went to a pub, tried out garage sale-ing, and most importantly had some MD blue crabs! This last one was quite an accomplishment for a girl thoroughly dedicated to fork and knife. It was like an edible high school dissection, but tasty I suppose. If you want to come for a visit some August and be grossed out during a mealtime, we'll take you, but otherwise I think Andrew and I are set on the crab front. Just not into gutting our meals on the same table we're eating it on. 
  • Welcoming Sarah- this has included many burgers, the Baltimore Aquarium, Andrew's family's cottage, and a week with Susanne to get the lay of the land. The county fair starts Friday so I hope to bring her to that, and have a nice long list of ideas for the fall too. 
  • The boys- I think we're at 11 teeth (Phin) and 8 teeth (Micah). They are great walkers/runners and are getting harder and harder to leave alone for a few minutes (getting into everything). Still two naps a day. They point a lot and imitate the sounds we make (meow, achoo). Phin still wants more attention and cuddling. Micah is independent and a bit more tantrum-y. Both are biting each other to get their point across, ugh. Both are enjoying the little beach at the cottage- sand and water. 
  • Andrew- continuing to work hard for CPB and going downtown nearly every day- he's away from 5:30 to 5:30, ugh.
  • Laura- is enjoying August as a program-free month at work, dreading the fall's programs with extended construction causing problems all around.
We'll be going on our first ever not-family-member's-house vacation since the boys were born in August- to Asheville NC. Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment