I wrote this post then didn't post it... go figure.
Last Sunday night I took great care to make all things ready for our two month appointment at the pediatrician's. I knew three shots were in order and that I'd be going alone... not terribly fun. I gave myself an hour in the morning to get myself and the boys ready and fed, and ample time to drive and arrive at the office. I was feeling incredibly pleased with myself when I strolled in the door of the office 15 minutes before the appointment time, signed them in, and sat down to fiddle with my phone. A moment later, the nurse called my name and I went up to the desk. "Ms. Vogel, the boys' appointment is on June 9th." I stared at her blankly. "That's next Monday," she said. I stared at her blankly.
Oh well! We took our first trip to Trader Joe's and Starbucks instead, and I came to the conclusion that our Zoomby stroller (fits the carseats in a tete a tete fashion) gets more comments than my actual children. This is okay with me. People's comments about your children are odd or uncomfortable about 90% of the time, but a stroller's a stroller. My interactions with strangers wishing to communicate about our offspring will never be the same after being interrogated about breastfeeding by a cashier at Total Wine when I was pregnant.
Fast forward to today: still got to the appointment in good time, and the boys took their shots like champs. Micah is 12 pounds 1 ounce and 22.25" long. Phineas is 11 pounds 12 ounces and 22" long. Next appointment is in August which is okay by me.
This weekend held a fun visit from Uncle Kurt... we had some greek food, went to the Smithsonian American History museum, and visited Brookside. Good times. I have to say though going to the Smithsonian was interesting. There's only so many complete strangers you can explain that you are the uncle to... also a weekend downtown generally attracted more people's attention to the twins than either of us preferred. My personal favorite was a sax player on the street who said we needed to move along because we were taking away his customers... jokingly, but also kept talking to us even after we were several yards beyond him. Ah, DC.
No comments:
Post a Comment