Sunday, August 3, 2014

Parenting and blogs?

How does ANYONE blog and parent at the same time? Not sure. I have to be honest, sometimes I think about posting but realize I don't have the energy to make it funny so I don't. Also irritating is the absence of a cord to get the pictures off the camera. But these are all just lame excuses I suppose. I should honor this contractual agreement to provide Vogel baby updates, humor and pictures or no. Bad, Laura, bad.

Overall:
  • Susanne, our au pair, arrived July 10th and is awesome. She fits right in like a big sister in this family, and enjoys throwing pillows at Andrew when he makes fun of her.
  • Andrew enjoys having someone else around for board games and to make fun of. 
  • Laura has been back to work for ~3 weeks and despite the hectic-ness is enjoying the balance of babies and "adult time."
  • The boys are fast approaching the four month mark, and are currently in 6 month clothing! Our next appointment on August 11th will reveal more about weight/length.
Micah:
  • Is the "good" baby these days. More easily soothed, pretty cool with bottles, and while he's the more serious of the two we've been getting some big smiles lately.
  • He is also the louder of the two. When upset, he lets loose with a pterodactyl shriek, as we call it, with no warming up or precursor needed. When happy, he likes to shriek as well. Most often at five am. 
Phineas:
  • Picky, picky. He wants only one thing in his mouth, and that's difficult when I take them to work with me. Non-detachable, buddy. Susanne had to bring them into work at first so I could feed Phin on my lunch break, but he's now one week into taking a bottle and it's looking good! Still not interested in pacifiers, but he's trying out his fingers and mostly just gagging on them.
  • Is the happier baby for sure- big smiles all the time. When unhappy though he has an equally adorable curled lip. 
At Buca di Beppo's for Susanne's birthday

Micah likes to look suave, even if he's just going to get fast food.

Finally on their backs in the crib, gosh that took forever.

Their personalities in a picture, for the most part.

No comments:

Post a Comment