Monday, December 16, 2013

Choice is power.

Behold the wrath of Laura's hormonal but perfectly allowable rage:

Booooo, Simmonds, Martin & Helmbrecht. Booooo. I called the office on a whim today to be sure I was getting the anatomical ultrasound Wednesday and wouldn't you know it I'm not. Because the doctor FORGOT. I assume doctors have more training than me and know their stuff, that's why we pay them the big bucks. I assume they have secretaries and fancy computer programs to remind them of when appointments are and what kind of appointments they should be. Also it irritates me when people with a webmd education self-diagnose and tell doctors what their problem is. In this case, however, I should probably kick myself for not asking questions earlier. But not for real because I'm pregnant.

We are moving our insurance dollars elsewhere ASAP. Put myself in for another practice and we'll see how quickly they can get me in. They are also affiliated with the closest hospital to our current location. Take THAT Simmonds, Martin & Helmbrecht. Boooooooooo.

Note: My panties are not in a bind because of gender. Gender, schmender. I am just irritated because every website, book, person and doctor you talk to give a very narrow window for this thing to occur- 18-20 weeks. Which I believe is because they're looking for other things. Possibly preventable problems. Which makes me want to howl with rage and gnash my teeth and stuff. RAWR.

*Update* I went and picked up a referral today and was able to get an appointment with a radiologist for Thursday at 1pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment