- Are more lemon-sized than lime. Or, last week was true key west limes and this week is the type of lime found in groceries that is actually a hybridization of a lemon but looks and tastes kind of like a true lime but is bigger.
- Basically are perfect little human beings at this point- they have all their organs and appendages in order and hopefully on the right side of their skin (apparently some organs develop outside first SUPER WEIRD).
- Can officially be bugged by me if I squish my stomach. Guess that means I should start the awkward process of unbuttoning/safety pinning my pants together. I wonder what else will bug them...
- Lost her cookies. Maybe it's masochistic, but there was a feeling of gratification after three months of nausea to finally hurl. Also a good indication to never get up at 6:15am again.
- Has a giant uterus at this point that is squeezing out of the pelvic area. Bonus: less trips to the bathroom. Disadvantage: places shrimps closer to other organs so less stomach space, breathing space, and once they start dancing more- kicked organs. Hooray!
- Apparently is supposed to be in maternity clothes at this point? I have occasionally done the pants thing... but am making do with my own clothes pretty well so far. You know that giant belly bloat you have after eating way too much at a buffet, or even more so after having eaten far too much of a gas-inducing food (brussel sprouts, Andrew?)? That is what I feel like I have so far. Although I definitely cannot suck in my stomach to save my life.
- Went to my first baby store- a Carter's that opened near by. I successfully left with nothing!
Andrew:
- Has been sick lately, poor thing. But has been nicely keeping it to himself.
- "Paternity leave" was actually a phrase uttered by his boss after hearing the news... not that he'd get much if any, but I'm hoping there will be a little leeway?
- Is okay with my idea for a color scheme of "carrot" aka orange and green. I think it's because dinosaurs are also often green and orange. We still may or may not have a nursery, but it'd be nice for things to kind of coordinate.
- Feels it would be best if we had a boy and a girl, or two boys. If we had two girls, he would be outnumbered 6:1 (if fixed cats count).
Other news:
- We are now first in line for the house!!!!!! Assuming our credit and other various stuff checks out, we will have a house HOORAY.
- FYI I do have a secret pinterest board of baby things, if you'd like to join in just let me know! This is the kind of stuff that gets posted:


For your pants, I've had friends who do a half-hitch with a hair elastic in the button hole and then loop the other side around the button. That doesn't help with the zipper once that doesn't stay up but a safety pin would fix that. There are also belly bands but I've heard that those tend to roll up or down when you sit.
ReplyDeleteI knew there was a reason I kept hair elastics around. AWESOME tip. My belly loves it, although eventually I will have to migrate to belly bands I'd imagine.
ReplyDelete