- I have a confession to make. These little guys are not near as big as I've been reporting, according to the doctor. Because there's two of them. I have no fun other comparisons, so just think of the thing I compare them to in the future as cut in two and molded into two miniature versions.
- So this week the shrimps will together be as big as a beefsteak tomato... a normal one. Not a Boxcar Willy, y'all. I got one of those once that split open a paper lunch bag when I tried to squeeze it in. If anyone has some fresh tomatoes they can cut up for me with olive oil salt and pepper please bring them over. With dill pickles on the side if you please.
- Can now sense light in addition to pressure from outside. I guess I should stop shining flashlights at my belly all night.
- Have begun "breathing" the amniotic fluid. Which kind of makes me choke to think about.
Laura:
- Is probably experiencing rhinitis of pregnancy, although as Andrew could tell you her nose has always generally been terrible. So much nose blowing ugh.
- Found a fancy word for current feelings of stupidity- gestational amnesia! That's why I'm so bad at life right now, I'm sure of it.
- Is mentally flailing around in the lake of chaos that is our current life, looking for some order to hang on to... I can hear you parents wisely chuckling in the background. Please pipe down and let me hold on to my fantasy of order as long as possible.
- Now possesses some maternity clothes, and is waiting to grow into them.
Andrew:
- Is doing such a nice job of making Laura eat good stuff. This week he got groceries and bought her a host of things just for her that are easy to make and healthy. What a guy!
- Was certain we'd know genders this week... nope. FYI, next appointment (a month from now), I'll be getting a referral to get a super detailed ultrasound done which the doctor called "anatomical". Which means they look for more than girl/boy parts, I'm guessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment