It's kind of a let down to get this kind of information and sit on it for a trimester. Blerg.
I am starting in on research at least. Book recommendations (or loans) welcome. I really think they should have parent certification classes. It seems very odd to need to do so much research for a biologically essential function to occur "successfully".
My body is generally opposed to food at the moment. It prefers sleeping and non-activity to calorie consumption. Dinner was five spoonfuls of vanilla ice cream... a still-tolerated food SURPRISE. Andrew's been super and makes his own food quite a bit which is especially awesome considering he's back on the purist version of his diet again (no grains, no starches, no sugar, no lactose).
Prenatal vitamins are GIGANTIC. I already knew this of course, but it now seems like an especially poor idea, considering nausea is a common symptom.
Buuuuuut, things are going fine. Nothing much to report! Send ice cream money.
Hooray! Two posts and ice cream is mentioned three times. I'll try to talk about other things too.
ReplyDeleteabout the prenatals-- try the chewable gummy ones instead (gummy bear esque). When you are up next I will pass on some books! If I would make one book recommendation about the whole pregnancy thing, it would be more along the lines of an axiom. IE---- read more about being a parent/parenting than birth & pregnancy. As you well know (um. koi pond delivery anyone?) people can sometimes obsess over birth plans, medication, blah, blah, blah. At the end of the day what will likely matter to you most is getting the baby on a schedule so you can sleep, discerning which weird rash or bumps rises to the level of a co-pay and learning the new role of mom & dad! Also--- our kelty child backpacker is ready and waiting for Baby V's first hiking trip with the Bakers! (don't even bother trying with another brand, there's a reason it's the only one that REI carries)
ReplyDeleteAlso-- to Laura-- baby name books rock! you will need one (pretty sure i have one somewhere) considering AV probably considers the book of Numbers to be an adequate baby name database (hint: it's not. unless you want your mini-moo destined for mockery & a name that brings to mind crusty dirty feet wandering in the wilderness for 40 years)
ReplyDeleteWhat's wrong with crusty dirty feet? They're probably healthy minimalist runner feet!
Deletethis was my fave baby book (American Academy of Pediatrics)i like it b/c it was based on medicine instead of folklore (shocker! I know!)
ReplyDeletehttp://www.amazon.com/Caring-Your-Young-Child-Edition/dp/0553386301